Swap name: Fiber Club, Special Edition 2010
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: freestyle
Sign-up date range: 8/3 - 8/15
Date to send item by: 9/20
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional Age requirement? NoSwap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YesDetails of swap:
This is a swap for fiber dyers. There are two swap options:
Option 1: choose ONE (1) of the following
- 4 oz. wool or mostly-wool roving/top
- 3 oz. of batts
Option 2: choose ONE (1) of the following
- 2 oz. luxury fiber (silk, bamboo, etc.) roving/top
- 2 oz. luxury batts
For this swap, you will be put in groups of 3. You will send dyed roving/top or carded batts to each of your 2 partners. You may send the same colorway to each of your partners, or you can chose different colors for them- like fiber clubs, the choice is yours. The type of fiber(s) you send is also your choice, though I ask you to please not send any rough fiber or fiber that your partners are allergic to.
SPECIAL EDITION TWIST: For this fiber swap, you will select an image as a basis of inspiration and will provide your partners with:
1. A copy of the image
2. A sentence or two about how it inspired you.
The image can be anything- a magazine photo, pic from the Internet, drawing, clipart, or anything else that strikes you. And your finished product doesn't have to look anything like it- it's just a starting point to get you thinking and give your partners a little insight into your artistic process.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of swap: Fiber Club, Special Edition 2010
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?:
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Which do you want to send to each of your 2 partners? Choose Option 1 or Option 2.
Option 1: 4 oz. wool or mostly-wool roving/top OR 3 oz. of batts
Option 2: 2 oz. luxury fiber (roving, top, or batts)
What kind(s) of fiber would you like to send/receive? (wool, wool & silk blend, bamboo, etc.)
Are you allergic to any type of fiber?
If you would like to list your color and fiber preferences, please do so here, keeping in mind that the ultimate decisions are your partner's:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.