short (ok, not so short) intro:
I've been wanting to attempt an apron for some time now, and the other day I was wandering around my local JoAnns when i came across this super cute lemon/orange fabric and an apron was the first thing that popped into my head. So I picked it up, and a matching yellow fabric, and went and found a pattern. I chose Simplicity 2626. This was my first clothing-type project from a patten, my other was a hat and was completely unsuccessful. I have to say that it was a fairly simple pattern, and easy to follow for a beginner/novice sewer such as myself...until I got to the end when it was time to figure out the wasteband part of it. I kinda made it up as i went along, but it turned out well. I think it was pretty close to the way it was supposed to be done. I got a TON of experience with double-fold bias tape in this pattern, and if I may brag, I'm very happy with the way that skill progressed throughout the apron. I am no longer intimidated by bias tape. haha. I am rather proud of the way this turned out. If I were to do it over I would have went with the size small instead of medium, but eh, I'll just have to make another one
Ok. Now after all that, if you're still here... onto the pictures!
thanks for looking!