In the fall, before the snow flew, my husband and I embarked on our first ever tiling project. He's a Plumbing and Heating Journeyman, so the putting in of the wood stove was old hat, but not the tiling!
He did the majority of the work; the parts with the tile saw, and glue; I did the grouting. The grouting was a nightmare! The grout was old stock, and actually discontinued, so when I ran out after 3/4 of the tile had been grouted I died a little inside.... Thankfully there was a similar product by the same company in the color, and given I was only the left facing part unfinished, it didn't really matter, since you always get some difference wall to wall anyway. I'm glad you can't even tell.
These circle tiles, while on sheets, were terrible to grout. some of the grout stuck to some of the tile, it sank a lot when it dried, so nothing is flush. It's a good thing we have a good vacuum.
The wall tile was much easier to grout. Washed right off. Aside from the previously mentioned curveball, it went well!
Here's the finished pic, before the first fire..
And one with a fire a blazing!
It's really nice to have, considering we are sometimes without power, and therefore without heat. We've been using it anyway, since wood fires at christmas and new years are cozy
Thanks for looking!
ha! the flipped pics look super stretched to me! I have no idea why it did that! Th bottom picture is the right proportions...