hello again! so i think i was on here when i saw a post about recovering an old umbrella and ....well, i didn't have an old umbrella but i did have some really awesome japanese fabric that turned out to be waterproof, so i decided to give it a try
i bought a semi cheap umbrella, took apart the canopy and made a pattern. i also made the little pieces that go under and on top of the canopy and the strap. it was a bit of work.... i folded all the inside seam allowances over each other to really make sure no water gets through the seams. my least favorite part would have to be handsewing it onto the frame. its a little loose due to the fact that the distance between the ribs turned out to be a little different on each side but im very happy with the results
unfortunately i have yet to test it out....not much rain in ca....perhaps the shower.....
all folded up
tada! (please excuse the trash can...the bf
and i were
canopy all sewn up
the little pieces
the awesome japanese fabric "cookei"
and, as promised
thanks for looking!