My bedroom was a sad, sorry sight. Part of the problem was my Ikea unfinished pine bed frame (hey, it was cheap!).
inspired by this site http://manhattan-nest.com/2010/07/23/a-whole-mess-of-staples/
i decided to give it a go myself! I bought a piece of plywood cut to size and screwed it to the frame. I used batting to give a little padding to the headboard, stapled it in place, then covered it with an army blanket and stapled some more. I had already altered my bed a little by elongating the legs so that I could store underneath it, so i couldn't follow the blog example by padding the lower frame and staining the legs. Instead, I made a bedskirt with box-pleats at the corners for the legs.
I'm quite pleased with the results. It makes quite a big difference in the room as a whole. Well, that and putting my books on the bookshelf instead of just leaving them piled by the bed