I recently completed my version of Oh Franson's Mod Sampler quilt-along. This was also my first quilt and first massive sewing project. My color strategy was to exclude green but I ended up adding it in via the sashing - at least it's not as prominent as the blocks, that's really what I was aiming for.
I modified the back due to fabric restrictions. I made the top half in coin quilt style. If I do say so myself, I kinda like the coin quilt back versus one solid back. Here's a picture of it without the binding.
And here's a final shot of it looking super inviting! (Note, the back is not as pure white as the pic below shows, the second pic is more accurate)
Freemotion quilting sure was fun and interesting, once my machine started behaving nicely.
I used some generic polyester batting. I am really happy with the results of not only the workmanship but also because it's really a nice warm blanket - it's keeping my feet warm now!
I'm already starting my next quilt, another Mod Sampler, but this time for my mother. It'll be a green/purple themed one. I bought more fabric so as to make a nicer coin quilt backing.