Okeedoke, so this is my first post ever on Craftster! I can't say that I'm new though, because I've been lurking these boards since about 2005
I had the urge to get messy in my kitchen last week, & decided to make a new lip balm. Now I know I'm not the first person to do this, but I was just so pleased with the results that I wanted to share it with all you lovely Craftsters
So here are some pics! *Edit* Sorry, I guess I have to post 10 times before I can post pictures, so I've just posted the links to them instead.
I just love that gorgeous raspberry colour!
And here's how I made it:
1. I started by adding about 1 1/2 tbsp of petroleum jelly to a small bowl. I added a little bit of pink blush that I don't really wear anymore, and gave 'er a good mix.
2. I then pricked a vitamin E capsule and squeezed the contents into the bowl for extra gloss and goodness, mixmixmix.
3. Then I got creative & remembered I had red food colouring in the cupboard, and added a couple drops, more mixing!
4. When I finally got the colour I liked, I added a few drops of Peppermint Extract to give it that nice minty smell.
5. When I finished I just globbed it all into an old jar I wasn't using, and kinda tried to flatten it out & make it look pretty.
Nothing too amazing, but I had fun for my first time making lip balm. Hope you enjoy!