So I'm pretty new to crochet. I've made a few simple amigurimi toys for my kids. I'm also a Dr. Who fan. As is my dad. So when i found this pattern on ravelry, I just had to make it!! It was pretty simple, but I did have problems with the hands. I didn't understand the directions at first, and then when I figured them out, the way it's written leaves big holes between the fingers where the stuffing would stick out. But after a few hours (I said I'm new at this!) I figured out a way to do it that preserved the original shape of the fingers but didn't leave holes.
I didn't have any safety eyes. Nor did I have any beads of the appropriate size and color. But I did have a package of brads and some acrylic paint. So I thought, I can make the eyes! Yeah....not so much. Even with lots of sanding, and applying a clear coat on top, the paint doesn't want to stick. I even tried using husband's fancy schmancy painted for his Warhammer models, thinking that they were meant for metal and plastic, so it should work. Still no luck. I did end up using the eyes anyway, since the little guy is a gift for my dad, and he'll just be living sitting on his desk, not being played with. But I'm disappointed it didn't work. It would've been a great solution for me to make cheap, custom eyes!
Anyway, on to the picture! I'm sure I've bored you enough with my ramblings, lol.