Howdy! I have been on craftster a while but havent posted too much. Thought I'd share this. It was a really trashed old garage sale dresser that had one messed up drawer with a weird carving in it and a split top. So I finally refinished it last week for my little girl's room. Its pale pink and brown/mahogany wood stain (hard to tell in the photo) with chocolate bunny stencils (yes bunnies. I know, I know. But its for my kid). It was totally easy, just a bit of sanding, wood stain, hand-drawn stencils and acrylic paint.
How I did it, just the facts m'am...
* filled in the split top and carving on the messed up drawer with wood filler
* sanded the drawer & top
* used a palm sander with 80 grit sandpaper and got the whole dresser totally stripped
* used a tack rag to get all the dust off
* stained everything but the drawers mahogany (you can use polyshades acrylic wood stain for easier water-clean up and less fumes)
* painted the drawer fronts and top with pink acrylic paint
* sealed the drawer fronts with clear satin polyshade acrylic sealant
* drew the bunnies & cut out the stencil using a plastic stencil sheet
* stencilled the bunnies with acrylic paint, 2 coats
* sprayed a coat of acrylic sealant on the bunnies (so it wouldnt smear when I brushed on the final coat of sealant)
* brushed a final coat of clear satin polyshades acrylic sealant over the whole thing
* added the new crystal knobs
Thanks for looking!