January Challenge entry
I sure made a mess in the kitchen trying a new recipe. Inspired by the challenge,
1. A new year, a new you---a project that involves organizing or improving your life: a new outfit, a new recipe, a new scarf, an craft supply organizer
I made fresh pasta from scratch.
I dug out a pasta machine found at the thrift store a long time ago and searched the web for a recipe.
Making the dough was quite easy. Rolling it in the pasta machine was fun. Cutting it proved more difficult as it did not always cut completely through but I got some nice pasta nests drying on the table.
Sadly, the drying was not successful. The spaghetti and fettuccine each stuck together, especially the one that had to wait longer before being boiled. After researching it( but too late), I discovered that the dough was likely too wet and I should have added flour.
It still was good to eat but not very pretty, nor thin and yummy like I had envisioned.