Made using this tutorial: http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/PADS.html
I did some breaking in of my new sewing machine and got a head start on Christmas gifts. I'd been giving my crafting some thought and decided I wanted to go as environmentally-friendly as I possibly can --- as fun and interesting it's been playing around with say, polymer clay sculpting and the like, I realized that I don't want to add to our ever-growing landfills and would rather from now on stick to as much biodegradable and/or recycled materials as possible. Hence the big kick towards working with fibre and textiles.
So I'm going to be making different patterned ones of these and giving them away in sets for some of the women on my gift list this year:
I felt the cherries where quite a propos. Same with the cupcake fabric (below) and sushi fabric I picked up. Unfortunately, though, I'm not having much luck finding fabric with beavers on it so far. Anyhoo.
After having completed this one prototype, however, I've decided to go with a pattern that's not only longer, but a little wider in the "wings" to help prevent leakage (I warned you guys... :-D). This one has a black flannel bed and is sewn with three extra layers of flannel and a nylon layer at the bottom. Since then, I've been prepping the newer version with some recycled old terry cloth towel as the absorbent layer. The only thing is all the tiny little bits of fluff that gets everywhere from cutting the towels up...