So, I've seen this idea kicked around a couple of times through a search through previous topics, and I want to be the one that actually follows through on making this happen. UFO stands for UnFinished Object. That craft project that you started but just can't seem to get around to finishing due to loss of inspiration, you don't like doing that type of craft anymore, or some other reason.
The swap would go like this:
1. Swap partners would send an UFO to each other
2. Each partner would finish the UFO they receive in whatever way they wanted
3. Before and after pictures would be put up in the swap gallery so everyone can see the new creation
Since I'm the one bringing this up, I'm happy to organize the swap. However, I know that there are details that need to be ironed out if this is going to work. Here are some of the issues I've come up with so far:
1. Do we want to use the point system to help with matching partners?
2. How much time should be given to finish your UFO? Should it be based on the size of the UFO? Should everyone have the same amount to work on their UFO?
3. This question is more personal: As an organizer, do I also have to participate in the swap? I'm fine with being an angel or partnering up if there is an odd number of swappers, but I would rather just organize.
I'm sure there are other questions that need to be answered as well, so post them if you think of any. Depending on how much is figured out, I was thinking of having signups in early February (give everyone time to recuperate from the holiday season) and sendouts in early March. That timeframe is completely tentative though, I'm flexible.
So what say you my fellow Craftsters? Is this feasible or has this been abandoned several times with good reason?