I have been wanting to try weaving for a while, so I decided to crack out some cardboard and make me a mug rug. My morning tea is an important ritual in my life, and I have been wanting some mug rugs to make it a more colorful experience. For a while I have been pouring over all kinds of complicated projects plans for building my own loom and weaving complicated patterns, but like I often do I was putting the cart before the horse, so I decided to start simple. It started of really well, the actual weaving part gave me no trouble at all and went a lot faster than I thought it would. Then came time to take it off the loom and all chaos broke loose. I don't even know how half of the mess ups happened but I felt like it was bleeding to death in my hands
BUT in the end I was able to cover up many of the mistakes and ended up with something I will be happy to use. Here are my process pics:
First the finished mug rug. The colors are actually neon blue, neon pink, and white but my camera had a hard time picking them up.