I was Mrs. Lovett, my sister was Johanna, and my brother was Sweeney Todd.
I'm sad because I can't post images yet. I apparently have to make 10 posts. So here are the links to the pictures.
Here's the three of us.
Here you can see the stockings and shoes:
The Sweeney Pose:
When will my Antony come rescue me?
Here you can sort of see the back
You can go here and see the whole album:
- The shirt - it was made from some white broadcloth I had in my stash and from a random pirate shirt pattern I had.
- The vest - this was made from upholstery fabric from Fabrics Save-A-Thon. The buttons were borrowed from the school I attend. The lining I had. The pattern was a disaster. It was the only double breasted vest pattern in existence. I ordered it from a small company and the directions were terrible. They forgot to mark the pattern darts on the front of the vest pattern!!
- The pants were purchased from Steve and Barry's.
- The razor my brother ordered for himself.
- My sister made the holster from some found brown vinyl.
- The boots are from Payless.
- I made the corset myself from some duck cloth from WalMart and other supplies from Farthingales. It was one of the nicest and easiest corsets I've ever made! The trim I randomly had in my basement stash.
- The blouse I bought at Charlotte Russe but embellished with some lace from Save-A-Thon (the goldish lace was fabric that I cut up to make into lace). The red piece I found in a bin there and asked the people how much they wanted for it. I gave them fifty cents.
- I made the skirt from dollar fabric at WalMart (my favorite stuff). It was actually not horrible to work with! I ordered the red lace online and used a vintage pattern, which I modified.
- I knitted the stockings myself. It was the first time I made my own pattern and I think they came out quite well considering!
- The shoes I bought at a thrift store upstate for $1. The same goes for my sister's boots. I just liked them and decided to use them for my costume. Bought the red laces at Target.
- I made the gloves out of some fabric from Save-A-Thon. I made the pattern and they stitched up in 2 seconds! It was amazing actually!
- I made the dress out of a Butterick pattern and just left off the sleeves. My sister made the drape herself.
- The pearls are from Claire's.
- The boots were $1 at a thrift store upstate. It's my favorite place to go!
And there yo have it! It really worked out well, and was a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy the images!