A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
348 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

  Show Topics
Pages: 1 [2]
11  CLOTHING / Clothing: Completed Projects: Reconstructed / 4 Jackets (better pictures) on: April 22, 2009 04:14:22 PM
First jacket is Mcall's 5759. It was made from 3 pairs of tweed thrift-store pants and some military-ish looking thrift store buttons. It's lined and also interlined with fleece to make it a bit warmer. Modifications:shoulder epaulets, wrist tabs, elbow belt-thingies, and POCKETS. I couldn't believe the pattern included pocket flaps, but no actual pockets. How weird. I would have just made pockets, but since I was using old pants, I just used a couple of the back welt pockets. I also strategically cut the arms out of the back of one pair of pants so I'd have a couple more useless welt pockets at the shoulders.





Next one is Mccall's 5530. Modifications : added side seam pockets, shoulder epaulets, and wrist cuff things. Also quilted the lining onto some cotton batting for extra warmth. Oh, and I made the entire jacket about 2 inches longer. It's still kinda short.





This one is a thrift store pattern-Simplicity 8754. From the packaging, I'd guess this is from the 70's. Just a basic jacket pattern. This one is also made from 3 pairs of thrift store pants. The gray shades inspired me to do a medieval armor sort of theme. Some of the outer sections are quilted to look like metal scale kinds of things. I didn't cheat on this one and added my own zippered welt pockets to the front, plus one on my left arm just for fun. I reused the zippers from the pants for these, but bought a new zipper for the front. Interlined with heavy fleece, this thing is pretty warm. I also added the hood.







Last one is a Burda download-Larissa. Cost five bucks, but I've been looking for a motorcycle jacet pattern. The fabric is some weird polyester almost upholstery like fabric from Joanne's clearance section. It sat around in my stash for a long time before it dawned on me: turquoise upholstery fabric...moto jacket pattern...perfect! The army-green accent bit was recycled from a thrift-store mens polo shirt. Yellow satin lining..I don't care much for yellow, but it seemed appropriate here. And this pattern actually included pockets, so I didn't have to wing them.






thanks for looking, Amy
Pages: 1 [2]


FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search



your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Filet Mignon Crostini Recipe for Thanksgiving
How to Make Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese
How to Make Hash Browns
How to Make Hush Puppies
How to Make Hot Sauce for Buffalo Wings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping




Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2015, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.