So I was Daria this Halloween.
I made the jacket and skirt from scratch. Bought the orange shirt. And the "boots" were just lace up flats worn with long black socks.
I wish you could see the skirt better, the pleats took forever...
Originally, two of my friends wanted us to do an Alice in Wonderland theme. But I didn't really want to and neither did most others.
So it ended up not going through, but the two who wanted to do it kept with their ideas.
So drawing from this image:
(I don't know where they got it from)
I did this:
I'm really proud of the top because it was the first successful fitted top I've made with non-stretch fabric.
Everything was done from scratch except for the shorts, which were old pajama pants hemmed, and covered with the pink and purple stripes.
Yeah and the stripes were all individually sewn together.
As for Alice, the costume started out great, but we didn't actually really get to work on it until a few hours before we left to go out on Halloween.
We were working on several other people's costumes simultaneously (White Rabbit, Pirate, etc.)
So uh it didn't turn out good. The only picture I have of it (reasonably, since she probably didn't want to remember wearing the outfit, and I don't really want to remember that I made it, or helped make it) is this:
The dress was too short, the bust was too tight, the seams were puckering and uneven, and crooked. And blah blah blah the list goes on.
So now we know that we should start now in order to get our costumes done in time for Halloween next year.