I made this for a swap, and my partner (crafty_dame) received, so here are my pics:
(ignore the light spots, that's just my camera)
(You can see her wearing it in the gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=80170.0, first page)
Pattern: Skully Sweater from SNB
Yarn: Substituted doulbed Caron Simply Soft for Lamb's Pride Bulky (I got row gauge, but not stitch gauge. I didn't want to go up a needle size, so I just did a little math. I made sure that the body was still wide enough, and I had to pick up several extra stitches in the sleeve cap.)
Needles: US 10.5 Denise Interchangables
Modifications: I only changed two things. Obviously, I added a hood. I knit the front and back mostly as normal, but I widened the neck hole. Then instead of picking up stitches for a crew-neck ribbing, I picked up and knit for a hood. I don't remember the exact number I picked up, but I made sure that the stitches overlapped a little in the front. Then I knit the hood, starting each row with 5 sts in garter, then the body of the hood in stockingnet st, then ending in 5 sts garter. When the hood fit comfortably over my head, I transfered half the stitches to another needle (so I guess I picked up an even number), and then did a 3-needle bind-off. The other thing I changed was that I added decreases to the sleeves. After I worked the skulls chart, I decreased on each end of the row every five rows 4 times, then every 3 rows 2 times, and then I *knit 2, ktog* across a row, ending the sleeve.