So I've been itching to try and make some of those super-cool pendants made out of Scrabble tiles. Here are my first three attempts: flower design, peace sign, and an old coke advertisement. [I will try and gather some better pictures soon]
I was just snooping in some of our junk and we have TONS and TONS of little old vinyl records. I know I have seen the whole, "bowl made from a record" project, but I was wondering if anyone had come up with anymore ideas/projects. Let me know please!
Edit: sorry, I just realized this should probably be in another section of the forum.
I wasn't sure where to put this, but... I just got Graffix Shrink Film [like an off brand of those Shrinky Dink things], and I love it, yet there is a problem. I bake my design, and it curls up. Should I leave it in the oven longer? Or place something on top of it as it bakes?
Hi, I am trying to make some custom fortune cookies for my friends birthday..but..I'm having some trouble getting my fortune cookie recipe to work correctly. Everything tastes fine, but when I do the whole "folding" part, the cookie sort of cracks and doesn't look all that pretty. I'm wondering if maybe I'm just folding it too hard and such. Here is my current recipe: 1 egg white 1/8 vanilla extract [times two, I did it twice] 1 pinch of salt 2 Tbsp butter 1/4 sugar 2 Tbsp sugar
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
2. Mix egg white and vanilla until foamy, not stiff. Sift flour, salt, and sugar. Blend into egg white mix.
3. Place teaspoonfuls of batter at least 4 inches apart onto cookie sheet. Tilt sheet to move batter into a more round shape and about 3 inches in diameter. Make about 1 or 2 per sheet to begin with.
3. Bake for about 4-5 minutes until cookie is golden color around edges. Center remains pale.
5. Quickly remove from oven and remove cookie with spatula and place upside down on a wooden board. Quickly put fortune in middle of the cookie, fold the cookie in half. Place folded cookie around the rim of a cup. This is to hold the shape until cool and firm.
--------------------------------------- I am thinking that maybe I'm not spreading it out enough, like the middle of the cookie is too thick; hence how it cracks when I fold it. But, I may just be folding too hard of a line. Let me know of any tips you have! [the taste is A-ok! though]
Note: This will also be available, at some point, for viewing on my deviant art account.
Basically just a random painting that was going to be part of a series, but I never really got around to it. Acrylic paint and some tempra, and misc. buttons. Fairly large, but I'm unsure of the actual size of the canvas.
First thing of mine on Craftster, hope you guys enjoy it!