The final product:
Here's a sleeve close-up:
And the back:
It was made from:
The big black t-shirt was $1 and the little red one was .50 (it was on sale).
There was also a smaller logo on the chest of the shirt:
Same fishy, de-uglified (excuse the cat fur, my kitty loves me even more when I'm trying to sew):
I cut the fishes out and embroidered X's all around. The entire thing is sewn by hand, my sewing machine lacks a needle clamp assembly so I had no alternative. I cut the bottom off the big t-shirt, gathered it, and sewed it (with the help of packing tape--hooray for packing tape!!) to the bottom of the little red shirt. The sleeves are gathered with ribbon and tied with bows on the inside.
(The skirt and big fish look kinda crooked in a couple pics, but they're really not. I went to great pains
over that. The dress just kinda moves with ya, it's so stretchy).
This is my second-ever finished t-shirt recon, my first-ever handmade dress, and my very first challenge entry too, so I'm kinda giddy
Thanks for looking!