OK, so I know it is waaaayyyy too early for Christmas, but I've been working on this for two years and am so proud to finally be finished. I built it from the fairy tale house kit from Greenleaf, but decided to change it up a bit. My aunt passed away a few years ago, and she absolutely loved Christmas. I decided to make a house that she would enjoy as a kind of happy memorial for her. I tried to take a picture with the flash off so you could get the idea of how it looks all lit up. Enjoy the pics and thanks for looking.
So my friend gave me this great idea on how to reuse a shirt and make it into a pillow. I bought a shirt from a resale shop. I really liked the pearly buttons and the western motif. I cut out two circles and sewed them together. I didn't need an opening to put the pillow insert in, because I just used the front of the shirt as the opening and the snaps closed in the insert. Then I thought, this looks kinda boring, so I decided to include the end of the sleeves to keep more of the shirt detail in the pillow. Then I embroidered some lightning bolts and flames just for fun. Thanks for reading and looking!
Yeah, the amazon chick looks fun! Maybe she'll be next. Actually, I ran into a similar problem with all of the patterns. I ended up with more or less stitches than I was supposed to have. I think it might have something to do with sc in the same space at the beginning of a row, but I'm not sure. I just make up for it by inc or dec to get the number of sts I needed. In order to plan it out, I made sure to count each st as I made it. Making up for lost or gained sts didn't seem to hurt the figure too much. :0) Hope this helped! and good luck!