I was pretty sure my niece was getting an over-the-top fancy rainbow princess dress this year because that's what she'd been wanting for months. Then she saw this dinosaur costume pattern I bought and that went right out the window. So here she is as a pink/aqua triceratops.
I included this picture so you could see the bag clearly.
Bonus action shot + Mommy's matching dino hoodie.
I used Simplicity 1765 with no real modifications. The fabric is a cuddle fabric of some sort, a bit stretchy, brushed on one side and sort of like a micro terry on the other. It shed *EVERYWHERE*. At some point I almost started wearing a dust mask while sewing because I was tired of accidentally inhaling fuzzy bits. The aqua and darker pink parts are felt as is the entire trick or treat bag (which I designed and sewed in about two hours). I used fabric glue for the first time (and hated it) for all the spots and front stripes. The hat was pretty annoying to sew together because all that stuff is hand sewn on. I was extremely lucky to find a glass mannequin head in the closet and the hat fit on it so I was able to stitch it on right. Otherwise I have no idea what I would have done.
Anyway, it was challenging in a few parts, but mostly pretty straight forward. I'm so glad she finally wanted to be something other than the usual fairy/mermaid/princess stereotype and I hope this trend continues. But probably no tails next year. As cute as it was to watch her swing it when she walked, she needs to be able to sit down sometimes.
Hope you guys like it!