I also saw this at Michael's this week, and couldn't wait to give it a try.The wall in our family room has been desperately needing some color since the couches were re-done. I bought 3 styrofoam panels, and cut them into 12 inch squares. I covered the edges with ribbon, and then attached scrapbook paper. Modge Podge and spray adhesive both seemed to cause bubbles, so I ended up just pinning the paper on the same way I pinned the ribbon. From a distance, you can't tell at all, and the surfaces are perfectly smooth, which was important to me. Then all I had to do was insert the picture hangers in the back, and hang them. I think they look really good, and they are just what I was looking for on that wall, plus they were CHEAP. I'm going to do something similar in the downstairs bath, but I'm waiting for some paper I ordered this week.
My Sister in Law is pregant, and due in February. My other SIL just went to visit her, so I sent along this bag
I am really happy with how it turned out. It's my first ever bag! I really love the fabric on the changing pad / case, I ended up wishing I had used that for the bag itself, but I still really like the fabric the bag is made of, too. I'm going to make another one for another pregnant sister in law. I have fabric set aside for a weekender bag too, I'm just waiting until I'm brave enough to tackle that one! Thanks for looking!
I'm working on an Amy Butler Nappy Bag for my SIL who is pg and due in December... went out this weekend and bought fabric to do the coordinating changing pad.... and I'm having ISSUES. I suspect I have a tension problem, but my bobbin thread is a nightmare.... clumping and jumping and generally a mess. The wierd thing is I did the first seam just fine, it's the second that is a disaster. All I'm trying to do is attach two layers of batting to a piece of terry cloth. Any ideas? I had a similar problem on a project I did for Christmas gifts... I was making puppet theaters for my nieces and nephews on this pretty, meshy, sparkly fabric... now forever known as the fabric I could not sew. Ended up gluing it (gasp!) I'm on the verge of handsewing this thing, but it's supposed to end up quilted, so that will only get me so far, I don't have the patience for that much hand sewing.
PS I have been sewing up a storm lately, mostly light cotton fabrics but also some drapery / upholstery weight... so I don't think it's the machine..
All I wanted for Mother's day was some quiet time to craft... my DH has a cold though, which apparently is the end of the world... so I took matters into my own hands and stayed up super late last night making gobs and gobs of tile pendants... I had a gallon jug of easy cast calling my name, and spent yesterday at Archiver's trolling for great paper... here are some of my faves, but I made like ZILLIONS, thinking I would give them to friends as (belated) Mother's Day gifts. Here are a couple of my favorites, there were so many I put a slide show on my blog if anyone's interested
I've been lurking for a while, mostly stalking any and all posts having to do with resin, and I finally took the plunge this week... did a first set of experiments that didn't turn out quite the way I wanted, but the second set of stuff I did turned out great... here are some pictures The sprinkles one was just for fun, I did a bunch of those and this was the best picture I ended up with, the Little Mermaid stuff is a gift for a friend who is headed to Disney next week... I put her name and cell phone number on the back of the pendant, so she can use it as ID in case her daughter gets lost in their travels... when we went to disney this year we had dog tags made for our kids for just this purpose... I thought this was way cuter... thanks for looking!