Melladh and I decided that we needed to dye some yarn with acid dyes. Since I've got a tiny bit more space and a big pot we decided to be at my place.
The first yarn! Melladh's 450g variegated wool yarn for a Danica. She wanted it to be brown/blue/green. (Yes, the yellow jar is actually the brown.)
As suspected, the brown was a bit too yellow and she wanted everything a bit darker. So we put it back in the pot (without jars) and overdyed it with a light shade of blue (and maybe a hint of red, I don't remember).
The yarn is drying! The orange thing in the back is a small skein I did.
And the final result. Beautiful yarn
The next project was some cotton/nylon (bävernylon) fabric she had. We started with dyeing it a shade of dark blue. But even though my pot is quite big, it's hard to dye large pieces of fabric evenly in it. It turned out a bit tie-dyeish, but very cool.
After the blue she squished it into a jar and poured yellow dye over it. I took the opportunity to dye some wool yarn I had for a shawl or maybe something else with the water and dye left over. (Blue and yellow, mixed into a hideous or beautiful shade of green.)
The fabric! It was really hard to photograph since the wind was blowing and the fabric is shiny.. It is more dark and vivid. (Melladh, get some nice photos of it!)
And the back. You can see my greenish yarn also.
Then I dyed some striped yarn for a hat and at last yarn for a sweater in a orange-red colour.
The striped is yellow/green/orangered/brown and to the left. The yarn for the sweater in the middle and my greenish yarn to the right.
And finally my striped yarn in a skein. I love it
We really had fun! Now I only need to knit something from this so I can dye more later...