I purchased a 3 pack of Tim Holtz distress stains a while back on clearance at Michael's. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but it was so cheap I went ahead and bought one. Today I was just wanting to create *something* so I used a piece of watercolor paper I had just sort of doodled on and pulled out the distress stains. I have a red, yellow, and blue stain. The stains are very easy to use and in a bottle with a sort of dabber like top. I just smeared a good amount of each color on the page and encouraged their blending by adding a little water in between each color transition. Once it was almost dry I used a wet paint brush and splattered water droplets onto it. Once it was dry I used some fun stamps in a black ink all over the page. Here is the finished product:
The distress stains give a really bold amount of color which I love. Let me know what you think!
I loved how the inchies turned out but felt like they need more. So I added some stuff and I think they really look great. Here is the updated photos: