I'm a newbie around here and this is one of the first sewing projects I've completed all on my own (I usually end up going round to my mum's house cos I'm worried about ruining it!) so I thought I'd put it out there and get some opinions.
I used a free pattern from here http://m-sewing.com/patterns-catalog/ (#5421, top with decorative piping, which is misleading as there is no piping involved) with a few alterations. It was pretty much intended to be a practice piece for me to get used to my new sewing machine, so I used some cheap poly-cotton stuff rather than the sheer fabric suggested, which is probably why it doesn't really hang that well. It's also a little long in the body for me so it looks overly puffy without careful adjustment, and the fabric is so thin and see-thru that I really should have lined it, but I'm generally pretty happy with it.
I made a couple of changes to the pattern, namely I used buttons rather than a zip (I thought a zip would be too stiff for the fabric) and I ended up cutting off the halter neck above the keyhole because it looked really bad (I don't do well sewing round sharp corners).
Firstly here it is laid out on the table, so you can see the tie waistband which is hidden by the overhanging fabric when it's on me:
Next a shot with it on:
Here it is from the side:
From the back (ignore the weird way the top button is pulled, it's just cos I'm taking a pic over my shoulder):