This is my first post ever here. I just finished making this bracelet and wanted to share. I can make a tutorial if anyone's interested. Quick Tutorial:
A bag of assorted buttons (~$3 at a craft store)
40-60 safety pins (Mine had 40, but I have a smaller wrist... 50 is average, 60+ for larger)
A spool of strong
, stretchy clear cord (I used 1mm Stretch Magic)Directions:
1. Put a few buttons on each safety pin. 3-5 is best. It's okay if they slide around; they don't have to be snug and immobile.
2. Pull out some stretchy cord. Don't cut it until you are done! Cutting it makes it much more difficult to work with. Use it right off the spool.
3. Thread one button onto the cord, and then one safety pin threaded through the circular spring part at the bottom of it. Repeat. Button, safety pin, button, safety pin.
4. Once you're done threading them, you should have a long string. Cut the cord about a foot from where the first button you started with is so now it is free from the spool.
5. Cut another strand of cord off, the same length as the one you have safety pins and buttons on.
6. This part is a bit tricky... because the buttons and safety pins are pretty heavy, you need to thread this newly cut cord through the safety pins, like you did before. Don't worry about going through the buttons on the cord. BE CAREFUL! You don't want everything to slip off the cord and have to start over!
7. Tie all the cords together in a big knot to make the bracelet, but small enough to be able to undo it in case it doesn't fit.
8. Try it on. When you put it on your wrist, it should be very loose. Twist it and carefully put your hand through it again. (it's hard to explain this in words... think of how you would tie a necklace around your wrist. You loop your hand through it a few times.) It should fit pretty snuggly. Just shake it around a bit. It will loosen up. If it's still very loose, undo the knot and take a few off.
9. You're done! Shake it around and enjoy!
I've been wearing mine for a week and it hasn't broken on me. If anything is unclear, let me know.
And if you make one, show it off to me! <3