So I got a new purse pattern from JennaLou06 on Etsy this week. I have used her patterns before and they are super easy and cute. I also had a mere 1/2 yard of this awesome Alexander Henry "Koto" fabric that I knew would be perfect. But the patter called for 3/4 of a yard. Well, after some creative pattern placement, I managed to pull a 3/4 yard pattern out of 1/2 yard of fabric! The lining is just a plain gray fabric..nothing special. And it does have a zippered pocket on the inside. So, on to the pic!
I made this for a friends birthday thats coming up this week. She is a real N.O. Saints and LSU tigers fanatic. The tote is completely reversable...one side is LSU and the other is Saints. That way she can be ready no matter where she is! It also has a small patch pocket for each side and a key leash, just because they are so darn handy! I hope she likes it!
Last night, I attempted to make my mother a wallet. I had used the pattern before and it was really easy. I think I was getting tired and rushing myself too much, because when I got up this morning and went to admire my work, I was disgusted. The wallet is SOOOO not representative of my sewing skills. I tried to salvage it, but it was a lost cause. Sewing late is just not good for me, even though I really want it to be. I felt really bummedm and decided today that I needed to make something else to boost my spirits. My best friend has a 4 year old daughter who is very much into skulls, zombies, pretty much anything you would associate with halloween. But, she is also a girly-girl. So, I decided to make her a little skully Jorday bag, along with a matching snap bracelet, and two sets of barrets and a skully ring to boot! Im pretty pleased with how everything turned out. I think the little chickie will be super stoked about everything, plus my confidence got a boost! Yay! Little skully Jordy (topstitched with bubblegum pink!):
And, because I'm a giant dork...the Jordy bag lining:
I got this idea from a fellow craftster here, but I cant find the original post to give them their props.
I made this out of some brown fuzzy decorator fabric I had left over from a project I made for work. The mouth is just red fleece. I didnt have any plain white fleece, so I improvised by usning some fusible fleece that I freehand-cut. The fusible fleece didnt turn out as "white" as I had liked, but it was better than going all the way to the store for 1 piece of white fleece! The eyes are just some old buttons I happened to have. I still cant believe I had two of the same buttons the right color and size (almost). As far as putting him together, I basically just measured my sewing machine and made panels accordingly. Of course it was way too big on the top when i was done, so I brought the corners in a little bit...they is why it looks kinda rounded on the top.
Now everytime I go to sew something, I cant help but crack up. C/C's are always welcome!
I have been lurking craftster for quite some time. The things you fellow-crafters do is quite amazing, to say the least.
Over the weekend, I decided to try my hand at the Amy Butler Frenchy bag. I found this amazing Echino fabric that I love. I made the handbag version with the shoulder bag straps. I was pleased with the way it turned out, but it turned out a lot smaller than I was figuring. It looks like a good size, but I cant get all of my stuff in it! Perhaps it is time to rethink all the stuff I tend to carry around! Oh, and the pleat doesnt look that strange, it was just the way I ironed it initially. Comments/Critisizm is always welcome!