Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Goosegg1001
Sign-up date range: March 2nd- March 6th
Date to send item by: April 18th
Limited to a certain number of people: Unlimited!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? All countries are welcome!
Age requirement? no, but if under 18 please mention in questionnaire.
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
Who doesn't love a good book? And who doesn't love getting a good book without paying the ridiculous prices they are sometimes? In this swap, we will be swapping a book that you think your partner will enjoy. And since it isn't a swap without some crafty goodness, we will be making some goodies to send along with the books. Swappers will be matched as best as possible by what kinds of books they want and what kind they have to give.
We will swapping one book, a short note explaining why you enjoyed the book, and two small crafted items. Crafty or non-crafty extras are optional: please discuss with your partner before including anything else! You can craft things to help your fellow reading addicts, like library tote bags or bookmarks, or your crafts can reflect your partner's favorite stories and authors (a knitted Emily Dickinson, or a Slytherin pendent). Used is definitely accepted as long as it's in a decent condition. Don't send a copy of a book that you wouldn't want to read yourself due to its conditions.
Questionnaire to answer... (please PM to Goosegg1001)]
Name of swap: Book Lovers Swap 2
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old: (yes/no)
What genres of books do you enjoy (romance, science fiction, mystery, etc)?
Who are your favorite authors? (List any books by them that you own/do not want to receive OR mention that you would not like to receive any books by them):
What are your favorite books?
Are there any authors or genres you do not enjoy?
Do you have any allergies/sensitivities?
Do you smoke/have animals or have any common allergens in your home?
What are your favorite colors/designs/motifs?
Least favorite colors/designs/motifs?
Would you prefer your items to be generically crafted, based on a book you enjoy, or both?
How would you describe yourself as a reader (i.e., "Never enough time anymore," or "I never buy books - I just use the library")?
What's your favorite place to read?
Do you wear glasses to read?
What crafts can you do?
What craft skills would you want your items to be made with?
Is there anything you'd really like to receive?
Anything you do not want?
What genres and/or authors do you have that you are willing to send?
Do you have a blog/wists/amazon wishlist/web page for your swap partner to look at?
Anything else you might like to tell your partner?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (goosegg1001) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Communicate With Your Partner!
Remember to also keep in contact with the organizer!
You MUST PM the organizer and your partner when you send/receive. You must also post here at least once a week. (If posting once a week is an issue due to vacation or other acceptable reasons, please let me know in advance.)
Examples of previous swap galleries:
Ideas for book-related items you could make:
-Wallet (for your library card)
-A hallowed out book
-A mini book on a necklace (or earrings!)
-Something (eg. magnets) with quotes/pictures from books
-Reading glasses case
-book plates (This book belongs to: )
-bedside book pocket (like this... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=212843.0 )
-Anything else your heart desires
(Thanks to antarcticraft, and hngoodlett who have hosted similar swaps in the past, which I borrowed some questions from!)
2. purevitality *Welcome to swapping!*
5. v3nu5 *Welcome to swapping!*
7. mslabelle *Welcome to swapping!*
12. CuriousCoffee *Welcome to swapping!*
16. raeraethejetplane *Welcome to swapping*
18. bebedechocolate *Welcome to swapping*
28. MonicaElaine *Welcome to swapping*
29. Luckdragon *Welcome to swapping*
36. Cayce *Welcome to swapping*
37. Gumption *Welcome to swapping*
38. ariane.phillips *Welcome to swapping*