So, last spring my mom helped me sew new cushions for our patio/porch swing, which I posted here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=343376.0
I didn't get around painting the frame like I had wanted to until a month ago, when they came for their annual visit. And by that time, the fabric bottom had a serious mishap as the husband had sat down on day too hard, and proceeded to keep on going.
So- paint & a new bottom was in order - I used Rust-Oleum 'Painters Touch' in a satin Aqua and went to a wholesale fabric outlet and purchased a plastic-y mesh type of material, 2 inch grommets and 8 yards of cording.
The bottom bench was measured & enlarged - sides and ends folded over twice for grommet placement and room for it to be wrapped under the bars. The cording was zig zagged side to side on the bottom and then corners crossed and knotted.
Finally - enjoying it all with the kids