It's so nifty! I love how the straw and spool work so well and that spring looks great. What did you use for the ball again?
I want to see that watch face magnifying glass thing in the next room up close, too cool! I have a friend with literally boxes of watch parts, I should grab some from him...
I used 1 1/4 inch wooden balls with flat ends. They're advertised as doll heads.
Here's a not so spectacular close up of the watch thingie:
lvlOrg4n, I've been loving all your ideas. The watch magnifier, the round hanging bed, the fireplace, ect ect ect-that house so rocks.
Well, I accomplished my goals today. I got a bunch done on my fireplace and I finished a stained glass window for the upstairs. My gal is so thankful that she has a window for when it rains.
Here's a mini tutorial (in words) if anyone wants to know how I did the windows:
- I searched for stained glass window template/design/pattern/drawing on Google Images
- I scaled it down in Word and printed it
- I bought some page protectors from the dollar store
- I originally tried to use puffy paint as the lead, but it was too thick
- After that didn't work, I squirted some puffy paint out and used a tooth pick to dab paint on all the lines. It took FOREVER, and I had to do it twice, but it was much thinner.
- I mixed a tiny bit of acrylic paint with a bunch of Mod Podge and used a tooth pick to dab the colored paint into the sections
Onto the pictures!
Here's the outside of the house:
Here's a view from the inside: