My newest project and it totally rocks! So, I found this adorable little...jumper [we'll call it]...at goodwill about a year ago. I absolutely fell in love with the fantastic vintage print. At the time I was smaller and less chesty...so it kinda fit but wasn't the greatest. I never really wore it, so I pulled it out of my TBCrafted bin a few days ago.
I chopped it up the sides. Then, I added darts at the bust. I'd never done darts so I had no idea what I was doing. My first attempt was weird and too low. But, my second attempt was perfect so I repeated it on the other side. Then, I added triangles of an old tee-shirt I bought at goodwill to the sides to accomodate my larger bust. Then, I chopped the XL tee-shirt sleeves off and sewed them on with added puffs at the top. I'd never done sleeves either and especially ruffed ones. They came out awesome and I was shocked.
Basically I love it and I'm totally proud and amazed at the awesomeness of it.
The dart and added triangles:
Oh, and I found this while chopping this grand old thing apart and thought it was too adorable not to share.