I wanted to make some faux chocolate rabbits for the longest time. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on my first try to I found these little guys at the dollar store. They had a gloss shine on them so I was a bit worried about painting them, but they turned out great and now I want to make some more.
The finished product
The bunny painting process:
I had to use three coats of paint to get the texture and coverage I wanted. I mixed three different browns to get the "chocolate" effect.
I decided to leave the flowers the way they were to give the chocolate bunny/flower effect that you get when you buy them. The acrylic paint made it easy to clean up around the flowers. I thought about adding a layer of modge podge to seal the paint.
I am really happy with the way they turned out and I am thinking of adding to the wreath or to my mantle display.