This is my latest project - a stacked coins quilt for my DD. It was my first attempt at machine quilting.
She wanted something bright and not too "girlie" She also had some fabrics that she wanted to be inset bigger than other fabrics - so while most of the colour strips are standard 2" from various jelly rolls, some pieces are larger. This threw out my neat horizontal lines.
Next, I decided to try machine quilting. Heres a close up of the sashing:
And for the borders, a continuous heart patterm. I did struggle with the fluidity of the curves and the stitch length, TBH, but Im still pleased with the result - it will of course look better one I have washed it to remove the quilt marker pencil! (couldnt wait to post
The back is plain scarlet sheeting.
I learned that I need to baste more securely when machine quilting with an open foot, as I ended up with a couple of creases at the back. Grr!
But I enjoyed the machine quilting and starting to feel much more adventurous with it now