I picked up some summer weight wool in a white and blue stripe and made another pair of pants from the Vogue 2907 pattern. The zipper and I had an epic struggle due to the fact that I wasn't totally focusing on sewing at the time and by the time I fixed that I decided to just not do the welt pockets in the back. Excuse the wrinkles, I shoved it in a bag to take in the car to put the buttons on.
Based on someone's creation on the BurdaStyle page I added some buttons to the pants at about knee level and sewed in some straps so the pants can be turned up as needed.
I might move the buttons and straps down a bit. I think I'd like the turn up to sit a bit lower.