So back in March I decided that I wanted to embroider my friend a pillow case for her Birthday. This is the first time I have embroidered anything (except for the time I tried to embroider a smiley face on my jeans when i was 9). This pillow didn't get finished until about a week ago (my friends bday was in April). I am such a procrastinator. BUT...I am still super pleased with how it turned out and she really liked it too!
the entire pillow
It was a lot of fun learning different stitches. The satin stitch was the hardest for me. It also took me awhile to master french knots. I am excited to start on my next project. I have aunt martha transfers I think I am going to put on tea towels!
stitches used: satin, stem, french knot, backstitch, running stitch