So Saturday was my boyfriend's birthday/Halloween party. We do it every year and everyone always dresses according to one theme- this year was comic books! I made his costume well in advance, but due to another costume order (from a girl who wasn't at the party) I didn't have a chance to make mine until FOUR HOURS before the party. (I drafted the pattern the night before, but I only had four hours to cut and sew and add the zipper and make the diamonds! Aaaah!) Also, I originally made it fully-lined, but it was SO UNCOMFORTABLY HOT that I had to cut the lining out... frantically.
This was only my second attempt at drafting and sewing bodysuits and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. (The first one was a loose-fitting panda costume, so this was really my first time making a bodysuit that fits the body closely.)
I used spandex for both. His lightning bolts are made of a strange plasticky canvas material, and my diamonds are just spandex, which is double-sided-taped to foam, which is then double-sided-taped to me. They look a little sketchy though. It's too bad I didn't have time to make the collar, gloves, and wrist ruffles, but I still think it looked pretty cool... and everyone recognized it!
I might turn it into a Queen of Hearts costume for the actual night of Halloween! I'm still throwing ideas around in my head, but I really just want to wear it again but make it look like a (relatively) different costume.
Thanks for looking!