Okay, so originally this was going to be a chopstick sketchbook, but my chopsticks wouldn't stay in place because I was doing it wrong. Also, I had crappy string. So I used wire. It's my first real attempt at binding, and the inside wire bit is not very pretty looking, but it worked out well.
Here's the image link, I'm too lazy to split the file up and upload it on the site hosting right now:
I also have another one that I took a small picture frame, and an image of a merfolk from the front of a Magic: The Gathering booster pack that I put on a black (premade) sketchbook for him too, but I forgot to snap pictures of it before I gave it to him. If he brings it over later I'll post a photo of that too.