Well, mostly just diapers and ribbons
Here is the final project:
I had some WIP pics, but thanks to my little helpers, pictured here:
All my WIP pics got deleted when my camera got thrown on the floor. Fortunately, the camera recovered.
A closer look at the topper:
The colors are truer in this pic.
Tip: try not to have kids in your house or a raging migrane while you are making your very first one. I was all excited about this, went and bought my coordinating ribbon and all that jazz, then when I got home and opened the diapers, I discovered that every other one was plain and the others hade green and orange stripes. Great. Orange doesn't go with the stuff I bought AT ALL and now this dumb thing has reached a whole new layer of crazy because I have to pay attention to the diaper pattern. Meanwhile, the kids are arguing over who has the most Magic the Gathering cards (yup, the kiddos are geeks) and my cat pulls the piping hot hot glue gun onto my foot (that reminds me, I need to go unplug it!).
Also, a lot of the tutorials I read suggest using rubber bands to hold the whole mess together until you get the ribbon on. I would reccommed using yarn or string. That way, you can slide the diapers around if you need to adjust them and you don't have to fight with the rubber band.
I am going to go put this thing in my truck so no one can knock it over or bother it. On the plus side, if I have to make another one, it shouldn't be as tough!
Just one more pic to show the colors a little better:
C&C always welcome!