many of my totes don't have a pocket for a cell phone, so i came up with this idea for a cozy, you can hang the handle of the cozy on the handles of the tote which makes it easier to find the phone when it rings! i made this in just half an hour, and i will be posting a tutorial...
the fabric in the tutorial isn't felt, it's denim because i didn't have any felt left, i have also made these from foam and leatherette
1. This is the template for the 2 pieces:
2. cut your fabric according to the template, i used zigzag shears so the fabric won't fray and this way i didn't have to hem the edges.
3. embelish the front according to your taste
you can use beads, felt, sublime stitching, applique... here a few examples:
4. place the front and back pieces on top of eachother wrong sides facing:
5. attach from 3 sides leaving the top open, i used hand stitching but it would've been neater and faster with a machine
6. attach a snap on the top of the handle from the right side of the fabric, and the other part of the snap to the top right corner of the body of the cozy, i used a snap in the green cosy, and velcro on this one, the button is only decoraive, of course you can use a button or a ribbon as well
7. this is the finished cozy attached to a tote i made