I went to a Victorian themed ball last month and absolutely needed a new outfit for this occassion. I love sewing historical stuff and think that nothing flatters a female figure better!
My autumn tornure was made from poly tafeta in red and black with beautiful embroidery in fall colours. The pattern is frankensteined from a Truely Victorian pattern and real historic patterns found on the web. The corset was sewn after a pattern I took of a bought corset (which I'm in fact wearing underneath). The decoration are fake leaves and flowers I got in the dollar store or on flea markets. My friend helped me a lot as I'm not that good with arranging flowers... Enough with the talk, on with the pictures!
I hope that you don't forget to take the screen away when you light a fire, because the glue may melt and ruin this beauty. I like how the flowers contrast to the green walls and fit perfectly to the curtain. Great work!