These cupcakes are made of YUM!
Here is a recipe i just made here for the dh for his bday. He is a lemon crazy and i wanted to try lemon cupcakes. Tomorrow on his real bday i have to make his fave Lemon pound cake. I also posted the recipie on my blog http://bloodycakes.wordpress.com/2008/08/23/very-lemon-cupcakes-with-lemon-butter-cream-frosting-recipes/
I don't know where i found the original recipe. But i added more zest. And the original recipe didn't call for lemon extract.
Very Lemon Cupcakes
* 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon lemon extract
* 3 eggs
* 2 (8-oz) cartons sour cream
* zest from 2 large lemons
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In bowl, combine flour, baking soda and powder, salt. Stir well and set aside.
3. Beat butter with mixer on med to high for 30 seconds. Add sugar, vanilla and lemon extract. Beat until well mixed.
4. Add eggs, one at a time. Beating well after each egg.
5. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately. You should make 3 flour additions and 2 sour cream additions. Mix on low just until each addition is incorporated. Do not over mix. Stir in lemon peel.
6. Scoop batter into cupcake papers placed in cupcake pan. I use an ice cream scoop. Fill about 2/3 of the way up.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 min or untill toothpic poked in center of cupcake comes out clean. Let cool for 10 min in pan before puting on wire rack to cool completely.
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
* 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
* zest of one large lemon
* 1tsp. vanilla extract
* 1tsp. lemon extract
* pinch of salt
* 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
In a mixer bowl, cream the butter, lemon zest, vanilla, lemon extract and salt until light. About 2 minutes.
Add confectioners sugar alternately with milk untill mixture is creamy ad smooth, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice
Pipe onto cupcakes and enjoy!
This is the first time putting up a recipe so if you try it let me know what you think of it.