Last year I went to stay with relatives in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, and thought it would be a good opprtunity to test my holga camera. I really like the grainy, lo-fi of lomo cameras, and I was quite pleased with the results. I tweaked the lighting in Photoshop, as the lighting was not perfect, but there you go.
I got a lovely handmade apron, two star coasters, some beautiful yarn and a set of knitting needles, a beaded necklace ( which I've worn everyday!), some yummy Hot chocolate , and some coffee sachets, a cool mug with it's own spoon, and a lovely letter too
I was so excited when it arrived, it felt like christmas!
I can't wait for Danni to get back from her hols and open hers. It really nervewracking, as you hope they will like what you made.
I had a huge stash of buttons and wanted to make brooches out of them. I didn't want to use a backing material, so I piled them and glued them together and was rather pleased with the result. Here's what I made I made one for my swap partner, but it's not shown here (for obvious reasons!)
I have made some more, but no pics yet and I am considering mounting them on rings too.
Well I had this idea floating around in my head for a month or so, and now it's finally done!
It took ages to get the beaded part of the necklace just so, as I was using seed beads, pearls, and nuggets of raw turquoise, so I had to get all the different elements in the necklace without it looking odd. The idea was Mermaids treasure, so I wanted it to look like it had been made of sea-like scraps (but in a nice way)
I've got a few more of these pendants, so I'm going to make some more, but mayber more in blue next time
I made this from a plain wood box, acrylics, and sequins, with some religious bits and bobs, skull beads and synthetic daisies for the inside.
I base coated the main colurs then drew on the designs. I painted them and did all the highlights and shading (which took ages). Then I glued a blue sequin border round the main design on the lid
I did want to line the box, but I thought lining and shrining might be too much. So I coated inside with a layer of PVA with silver glitter in it, then glued my shrine pieces inside. I added the flowers as I thought they were a nice touch.
I enjoyed it so much I'm doing another (but mermaid theme this time)
These are a variation on a theme (been making lots of these lately!)
Same method as the rest, rectangles of outer and lining fabric pinned with wadding, sewn and reversed.
This one is Peach and Cream (love this fabric) with the button wrap finish and matching rag rose (rag rose is just circles in varying sizes, sewn together and the edges distressed with a stitch unpicker)
This one, exactly the same, just black and white this time. But I did add a felt and sequin cherry detail for some flavour.