Swap name: My Country Doesn't Have That - Round 8
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: geeyouknit and co-organized by mini
Sign-up date range: March 26- April 27
Date to send item by: 2 weeks from claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? Obviously, no
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages but be aware of international shipping costs and get a parents permission, please.
For me and the mods:Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Details of swap:
Following the brilliant example set by esmerelda and Gumshoegal, this round of MCDHT will be ongoing. This way, non-US swappers can choose to swap with other non-US swappers, and there is also the opportunity to swap more than once! The point is to send cool and fun items from different countries around the globe so we can all experience other cultures
.The same guidelines apply (thank you esmerelda and gumshoegal for coming up with an amazing twist on this swap!):
You will be required to post a list of a minimum of 6 countries/regions (a region could include eg. Scandanavia, Australasia, or even Europe) you would like to receive from, along with some ideas of items you would be interested in getting (although there are no guarantees, this is just to give your partner an idea of what you would like). You are required to put "Any other than my own" as a country choice - the key to this swap is flexibility. You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your package.
Like the Ongoing Wish Swaps, these swaps will be rolling, with each participant claiming the last person to post their country list, like so:I, geeyouknit, having PM-d the organizer and been approved, post my list of countries I would like to receive from (Please remember to put your home country at the top of your post):
I am from the US (I live in Amish country, so I can offer Amish made Apple and Pumpkin butter!) and this is my first claim.
1. Germany - German magazines (as I'm studying German), lebkuchen, candy, beads, marzipan, Oktoberfest anything
2. Scandinavia - Dumle candies!! mix-CDs (esp. hip hop, Scandinavian hip hop= amazing) , junk food, fashion magazines, beads, Moomin things
3. France- vintage or vintage looking anything, old or new mags and books, candy
4. Singapore - fabric, craft books or magazines, candy, music
5. New Zealand - chocolate fish, Moro bars, paua shell buttons, photo postcards and tour books, beads
6. Asia - craft books/magazines, fabric, kitschy stationary, anything!
7. Any other than my own-- literally any, I am very open!
I'm a history major so I love anything related to history. I love anything kitschy as well, and bright colors! I like reading fashion, craft, and feminist magazines
Then, another approved craftster from one of your chosen countries or another country other than yours claims you and posts their wishlist. Note for non-US participants: if you are claimed by a US participant first time round, you will be able to opt out of receiving from a second US participant. Remember, you can only opt out of receiving from the US if you have previously received from a US partner in this swap. If you have not been claimed 48 hours after posting your info for the second time, we ask that you lift the restriction in the interests of keeping the swap moving. US Participants may consider listing what is different or specific about your area of the US so non-USers can know what you might have in addition to the much coveted kool-aid, shrinky dinks, and sharpies!
Due to the requirement for international shipping in this swap, there are limits on how many claims you can have outstanding.
Newbies can have 1 claim outstanding
Regular members can have 2 claims outstanding
FOCs can have 3 claims outstanding Swap packages NOT subject to weight restrictions - send as much as you can afford.
Hopefully, this will allow most people to send out twice without breaking the bank.
You must get a receipt when you send - this is very important with this type of international swap. Also, YOU MUST PM THE ORGANIZER WHEN YOU SEND AND RECEIVE. This is crucial to keep the swap running smoothly!
Thanks so much, and have fun!
QUESTIONNAIRE TO SEND TO ORGANISER
What country are you from?: