I made this unisex quilt for a friend who is waiting until her baby is born to find out its sex. She is an avid cyclist, and I fell in love with the Michael Miller fabric I used as the focus of each improvisational square, which features girls and boys in a western setting--including one scene of girls riding a tricycle.
I also used Kona cotton solids in cream, red, blue, green and yellow. The backing is a cream and red-polka dot that I pieced.
Unfortunately, I did not pre-wash the fabrics and the Kona red bled onto my cream background. YIKES. Fortunately, I bought a brand new Dye Grabber cloth and spot treated the bleeding, which came out. I am now keeping track of the washings my Dye Grabber has in it and will definitely pre-wash Kona red (and any deep colors that will be paired with a light fabric).