Hi Diane! thanks for replying.
Yes when I said "coated each piece" i meant only the parts that were touching.
Maybe some of TLS was pushed out of the piece; I baked it on a piece of paper, and a few parts of the cured piece was stuck to the paper a little. Kinda like what happens to really candy sometimes when you unwrap a piece. But I was able to just pull the paper off. *GASP* Could the paper have had something to do with the problem. I baked it on a piece of clean white computer paper. I know that when you need to "leech" clay, it is suggested to sandwich between to pieces of paper. Could the paper that I baked the piece on top of, have accidently leeched out some plasticizer?!
Oh, and I did use an oven thermometer. It said 275 the entire time. (as suggested for curing Premo). And yeah, I did think that I needed to bake them for 2 hrs. But during my sculpting process, it didn't even occur to me to use an armature.
Well here are some pics of my piece- well what's left of it anyway. By the time I got home, several pieces had dropped off.
Here you can kinda see where it actually cured the first time around, and where it didn't and I tried to fix it.
these are a few of the pieces that broke off. Others were lost out on the street.
a close up of one of the joins. I kinda got desperate here.
I wish I had pics of what it looked like after first cure, before I tried to fix it.