Yes this is an almost was post. I ended up ripping the grommets out of the side while trying to lace it up so i have to figure out a way to fix it before it can be worn. i was to excited about this not to post it anyway.
I was attempting to make an underbust corset kind of like the vest the Russian wears in the movie "the darkest hour". I waited months to watch this movie and as soon as i saw it (about halfway through the movie) i ended up missing the rest of the movie trying to figure out how to construct it.
anyway enough yammering... its got a duct tape base that was wrapped around my body then cut off. I then spray glued fabric onto the outside (all i had was white duct tape and i wanted a black background). I then hot glued and stitched a little over 200 keys to the base. it was probably the first time anyone in history has muttered "if i don't have enough keys i'm entirely too fat" but i didn't have enough keys anyway,,, i was off by 5-10.
on to the pictures:
Im going to try to fix it eventually. right now though its going in the WIP drawer because my fingers are raw from stitching through 3 layers of duct tape