This is an idea for busy people who needs Halloween costume last minute!
Let's make "Connect the Dots" costume based from kid's activity of connect the dots pictures.
All you need is cardboard covered with white paint (or grab white cardboard), scissors/knife, and black sharpie marker. It's better to go for simple iconic image like a person walking with a dog, a kid walking with a balloon or fisherman. I did a girl walking in the rain.
Original blog post:http://yukikotsu.blogspot.ca/2014/11/a-girl-walking-in-rain.html Materials
- X-Acto knife
- White cardboard OR brown cardboard and white paint to cover.
- Dots: Black Sharpie marker/Paint marker OR Black Round sticker/paper
- Duck tape or Glue gun ( if you need o attach anything)
- Pick your theme.
1. It's good to start off with a sketch on a piece of paper to brainstorm accessories you need. Just remember to keep the drawing iconic and simple.A girl walking in the rain accessories
- Rain boots
- Bow(hair piece)Optional decoration for photos
- Bucket Hat
- Fishing Vest
- Fishing Rod
2. We spend extra time to paint the cardboard with white paint but you can always buy white cardboard at craft store to save time. For dots, decide on the size of the circle and cut out samples from papers from your recycling box(Circle Craft Punch will be handy here). Use them as guideline to place where dots should be.NOTE
: At least have an inch border around dotted lines so you have space to write numbers later on.
3. You can draw in some details to your accessories to give more information. To keep it simple dots are mainly used outline of the shape.TIP
: Sharpie Perm. Marker is good if you don't have too much accessories to make. But the amount we had, Sharpie Paint Marker was handy. Paint Marker are more opaque and quicker to color in circles. Another option is cut out circles with black construction paper and glue on the board.
4. Once dots are colored in, decided where the numbers starts. Keep in mind to write the numbers outside the dotted lines.
More costume ideas? Try Minion Carrying a Box Illusion Costume!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429957.0