I wasn't sure where these belong... But anyhow, I've been working using some hand shapes as bases. They're just cut from chipboard boxes after tracing my hands.
This is my first hand design, Yggdrasil. Scanned a bit crooked, sorry. It's done with watercolour, ink, gel pens.
This one is a cupcake design, with acrylic medium and glue to give dimension to the icing. The glue made the paint crack a bit, but it seems okay now. There is paper text in the background, and mini rhinestones in the frosting.
Lastly, this is Julius. He's one of my characters. He's done with watercolour, acrylic, and ink.
These are some cupcake bookmarks I've just completed for a special project for the GoddessCraft.ca event coming up. It's all cupcake themed crafts, and there will be a zine also. I'm going to be Photoshopping some of these yummy cupcakes into a new banner for the event as well. Fun!
I like looking at cupcakes more than I like eating them, so drawing a bunch shouldn't be an issue for me. LOL
I was just making some wee figures of our RP characters and when I was done I realized they could be our weird nativity scene for the season. lol
The one on the left is a naga named Saysh, the guy on the right is Phrixus, and the nagalings are Phillipos and Phaedros (purple tails), Makarios (blue-green tail) and Phaedra (red tail). Each baby has a little gold blob that's supposed to be a butterfly on their bellies. These were really quick, just for fun, otherwise I'd have spent time making scales and so on. I think I may make a triptych screen of trees behind them, since this scene should be in the woods. Yeah, not even a manger to be found...
Originally I made the nest around a little plastic dip container, sort of trough shaped. It of course twisted and melted when put in the oven and the nest was ruined. So I rescued the leaves and such, and made a flatter one out of the debris. They'll just have to watch that the babies don't slither away now.
I made this Sorting Hat ornament for Phrixy for Yule. She opened it last night so it's safe to post here now! It's a couple inches tall. The clay was a brown and gold blend for a bit of dimension, and it's been washed with black acrylic to bring out the details.
Wedding Album for my cousin Joe & Melissa! This album is completely hand made, with about 75 hours of stitching, painting and general crafting put into it. No, really. Everything is hand embroidered, stitched, beaded, etc. The pages are tied in with ribbon so more can be added if needed. The front page features the wedding invitation, and there are lots of brown and blue pages waiting for more mementos and photos from the wedding and honeymoon.
Sorry for the darkness, I ran out of daylight for outdoor photos before wrapping time, and my apartment is next door to the pit of despair. Besides, normally I'd make much lighter coloured wedding albums. My cousin's colours happened to be brown and blue. I added the cream for contrast.
Finally done and in the mail! This took forever between the rest of life happening, but I'm happy with how it came out. This is the first bag I've done. Usually I just do journals with my Teesha Moore style patches. I was really paranoid about it coming apart or something, so it's stitched like crazy. I kinda want to do one for myself eventually.
This one has as much of an owl theme as I could manage. Phrixy did the felted owl patch. The green owl fabric was thrifted from a kids garment. Unfortunately I couldn't seem to get any owl yardage locally so the lining is eagles instead.
I'm hosting a Harry Potter swap at another site, and it's divided into groups. Each group makes something for each person and sends it to the host, and I repackage it and send it out so that each person gets a neat little bunch of items from the people in their group.
These are my contributions to two of the groups: smallish wands created from chopsticks, marbled polymer clay in house colours, and various jewelry findings, beads and charms. Note: the watermarks on my photos have my usual forum name, IceKat. Icekibby is my alternative name.
These are the Ravenclaw wands:
And these are the Slytherin wands:
(the one with the ornamentation upright has a skull with a snake wrapping down from it, like a Deatheater mark)
I've always loved the forest spirit in Princess Mononoke, and there are similar creatures apparently in an Enchanted Forest game...? Anyhow, had to make my own version. My pattern will need some tweaking, but in general I'm happy with how this came out.
The body is a patterned jersey knit (it has a sort of bleached vine design), and the mane is made of wool and eyelash fiber, the mask and antlers are polymer clay. He sits about 6.5" to the tip of the antlers. My original idea was to have him standing, but the legs weren't happy with that idea. I'm going to rework the pattern and wire the next one.
This is the only decent shot I have of Ormedon, for some reason. I used the basic Poppet pattern for his body and arms, but customized the head to give him a muzzle and the legs were made digigrade. Someone asked about anthro dolls or mods a while ago so I thought I'd post him.
Orm is my spouse's character, an anthro cat inspired by Bagoas (Alexander the Great's lover). Ormedon is anatomically correct, hence the pixelation. His hair is all braided, which took me about 2 weeks while on the phone at a call center job. It had beads and ribbons and such woven in, and each braid is stitched individually to his head. He had handpainted glass eyes, a plastic nose, and I custom made his jewelry. He now has a sarong, but didn't back then. His claws were made with dimensional fabric paint built up in layers. The fabric is the recommended suede-stuff most poppets seem to be made of.
I think next time I do an anthro I would add more joints in the legs to make him pose better, but he does stand on his own.