Swap name: Chopsticks to Hairpins
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Pulling_Teeth
Sign-up date range: 08/01/09-08/12/09
Date to send item by: 08/26/09
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country?No
If so, which country? N/A
Age requirement? 13+
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: Yes
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: Yes
- Participant lives in the United States: Yes
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes
Details of swap:
Alright, this is a no points swap! Each person will make TWO sets of hairpins out of chopsticks, you know the ones you get in Asian take out. That's right, we are talking plain old bamboo throw away chopsticks. IF you live some place really rural or outside the USA you can substitute chopsticks with small diameter wooden dowels, but try to stick with chopsticks if possible. You will be in groups of three, sending to two different people. You may alter the chopsticks however you would like, dangley bits, glitter, hand painted, but keep in mind they need to be usable. Will everyone sport the hairpins they receive? Probably not, but that doesn't mean you should stain the bamboo and opt not to seal it (Some one with blond hair doesn't want to find bright orange streaks running through her hair) or don't cut them super short that they are no good. Just use common sense when crafting.
You will be expected to post at least twice between the time the swap begins and send out. If you have a camera take pictures of your crafts before you send. It's not your fault if your partner doesn't post pictures (unless they have no camera, but I will make that clear if you are paired with someone without a camera) but it does suck when your partner flakes on this last little bit and you can't show off your goods.
When you ship you need a DC#s in the USA, and you need to send these numbers to me and your partners. If you are outside the US make sure you get a receipt! Hold on to this until your partners post their items!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
What colors float your boat?
What colors sink it?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
reavesad (Welcome to your first swap!)
(Okay I am feeling mighty stupid... I am organizing for the first time, and I copied and pasted the "QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER". I realize now it doesn't ask who has a camera. Does anyone NOT have a digital camera, or one they can use? I am sorry guys, kinda dropped the ball on this one)
SENTRECEIVEDPOSTEDSENDING LATEPM ME ASAP
GROUP 1:kjbaloo, spotnik, and zigg13pra
GROUP 2:HarleyQuinn, Thunderchild, and Linda P
=> Thunderchild and Linda PThunderchild
=> Linda P
GROUP 3:Maid Mirawyn, pulling_teeth,and reavesadMaid Mirawyn
=> pulling_teeth and reavesadpulling_teeth
and Maid Mirawynreavesad
=> Maid Mirawyn and pulling_teeth