This was a fun project- my first experiment with making reconstructed clothing, and I learned a few things.
rather than a button, I opted for a kilt pin with a grey tie attached.
This was once two lovely sweaters that I found at the local Women in Need thrift store. Loved the colors, and the sleeves on the grey were beautiful.
Although my final product is nothing at all like it, I was inspired by the incredible work by a Canadian designer (Precocious Environmental Couture- love love love their stuff!). But it introduced new possibilities. I love the idea of reconstructing old clothes into something new, so thought I would experiment.
It has not turned out as I had originally envisioned, but for a first attempt I am pleased with the result. Of course, the sweaters were rather too small for me to begin with and have not magically grown to accommodate my curvy self, but I made an effort to compensate for that with the extra grey panel in the side- and I like the detail that it added.
So- pleased as I am, I welcome comments, crits & suggestions for improved alterations in future!
Thanks for looking!